Image Map
Image Map

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

a plague on our house.

Can someone please tell me why the HELL we cannot seem to stay healthy in this house?

It's driving me bat.shit.crazy.  I feel like in the past 6 months, we've had a total of maybe 3 weeks when we've all been healthy.  Not fun.

Sunday morning I went in to get the brothers from their beds and was hit by a wall of vomit-smell when I opened the door.  Kiernan and his bed were covered in puke.  Lovely.  He acted perfectly fine though, so we just assumed he ate too much or hiccuped or who knows what and we moved on with life.

Monday morning the boys and I met some friends at the zoo.  I started feeling a little queasy but chalked it up to my lack of breakfast that morning, threw back a handful of trail mix, and went about my business.  Then we got home and as I fixed the boys their lunch I got more and more nauseous.  The little boys went down for their nap and I curled up on the couch with Brennan while he watched some cartoons.



That's when it hit me.  That lovely warm-watery-mouth-I'm-gonna-blow-chunks feeling.  I ran to the bathroom and hurled my lunch while Brennan stood above me saying "Mommy, you puked!" and "Excuse you Mommy!"  Vomiting with an audience is over-rated.


I texted Brian with a heads-up and told myself that if I could muster through til 4pm, he could leave work a little early and then I could just go to bed.  3 hours.  I could totally do 3 hours.

Um, except no.  45 minutes later I was curled up on the bathroom floor feeling like death.  Every time I stood up I dry-heaved.  I called Brian and told him that I needed him to come home.  Luckily, he has an awesome boss and he said that as soon as he finished his convo with him, he'd head home.

Then the brothers woke up.  I managed to get them their milk before nature called again and soon I was sitting on the pot with my head in a bucket with an audience of 3.  Eventually they wandered off and when I emerged from the bathroom I found Kiernan trying to climb onto the kitchen table and I felt like I was going to pass out just walking over to get him down. That's when I texted Brian "Tell RJ I'm really sorry but I need you NOW".  He got home, I went to bed and didn't resurface (except for bathroom breaks of course) until the next morning.  I seriously felt like death.

Kiernan's favorite place to hang out lately ... fine except that he likes to go from there to the table.

At 7:30 Brian informed me that he had woken up to puke around 4:00 a.m.  Then when we went in to get the brothers up ... boom.  Eau de puke again.  This time?  Beckett.  He seemed happy enough.  Maybe a little whiny, but he drank his milk like a champ and was fine the rest of the day.


Brian felt pretty crappy, but didn't get hit as hard as I had.  I could function, but still felt fairly crappy.  We just snuggled in our bed and in the living room and used the TV as a babysitter all day.  And I was just waiting for the 5th shoe to drop.  Then as I was getting ready to put the brothers down for a nap, Brian and Brennan were snuggling in our bed and I heard Brian yell for me.  Brennan vommed all over our bed and his Daddy.  Well hello, 5th shoe.


Poor kiddo has been hit pretty hard.  He's pale and feverish and is all "I'm just feelin' sick Mommy" every 5 minutes.  I hate it when my babies don't feel well.  He's begging for milk but can barely keep down water.  I might try some rice milk tomorrow to see if that will help at all.


Luckily, Brian and I are on the upswing and the brothers barely even felt bad.  And it seems to be a fairly quick bug, so I'm hoping Brennan will wake up feeling lots better tomorrow.

Say some prayers for our little fam if you don't mind.  We're just struggling in the germ department lately!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, this sounds terrible! Poor little "flying south" family!!! The tummy bug is circling cantral tx too. I know 8 peeps who had it the week of thanksgiving. Rough.
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

I write for me. 100%. BUT it definitely makes my day when someone tells me that they enjoy reading my blog. Or that they hate it. Whatev.

So don't spare me your words of wisdom, encouragement, or mindless babble. I enjoy it all :)