Image Map
Image Map

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Brennan's big adventure.


I left off in September with Brennan flying to Michigan with my parents.  Bottom line?  Kid got spoiled.  Hard core.  He did well without me and I didn't cry too much when I dropped them off at the airport.





Even though life was easier with only 2 kids, I missed that boy like crazy.  Luckily, I headed to Michigan on the 3rd to be reunited with my little bug and left Daddy here in FL to experience the beauty that is only having to care for 1 year old twin boys.



The trip to Michigan was chaotic as they usually are.  Brennan and my mom and sister Teresa picked me up from the airport, we grabbed dinner, then they took us down to Brian's parents' house for the night.  We spent some quality time with them for heading to bed way too late.  The next morning I headed to class bright and early, then after class went to visit my Grama while she was in the hospital recovering from surgery.  Then back to my in-laws we went to get a sleepy Brennan and back to my parents' house for another late bedtime.


Brennan spent time with my youngest sister Michelle and her boyfriend Andrew on Friday while I was in class.  When TT got home from work they made no-bake cookies.  (Brennan calls them "poopy treats" because when he was potty training I kept them in the freezer for when he pooped on the potty.  Teresa gagged when I told her that.)  That night we celebrated Michelle's birthday and of course Brennan's upcoming birthday.  I made them a race track cake (because what 22 year old woman doesn't want that?!) and Brennan got to sit in the birthday chair to open his gifts.  It's a time-honored family tradition that was passed to the next generation for the first time.  Fun stuff.








On Saturday Brennan, my sisters, Andrew, and I went to a local pumpkin farm and apple orchard.  Brennan had a ton of fun seeing the animals and playing on the farms.  He still hasn't stopped talking about it and always asks to go back.  Then we all headed over to visit Brian's parents, his grandma, and Uncle Cory to say goodbye one last time.

 

 




The next morning we packed up and headed to the airport.  It was sad to say goodbye to everyone, but I have to say that traveling with a 3 year old was pretty fun.  He behaved really really well and was super excited about the whole process.  And it's much less chaotic than flying when it's the 5 of us. I think Brennan had lots of fun without his brothers.  He didn't have to share any attention, food, or toys and got spoiled to death.  At least once a day he asks when he gets to go back to Grammy's house in Michigan.  Sweet boy loves him some Michigan.  And the people there probably contribute something to that.

























No comments:

Post a Comment

I write for me. 100%. BUT it definitely makes my day when someone tells me that they enjoy reading my blog. Or that they hate it. Whatev.

So don't spare me your words of wisdom, encouragement, or mindless babble. I enjoy it all :)